Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Matinanda kaipulla...

As any other org, in mine too, for any fresher we have stuffs like mentoring, evaluations, reviews..blah blah blah..
Today i was introduced to a guy who is a fresher..we were three in the meeting room..me, my lead and the young clad..Question started with tell me about yourself, final year project etc etc..As any fresher, his talks was accompanied by constants sir's and madam's..My lead interupted, dont call me sir..Ours is a very friendly enviroment and has a open culture..(oh is it!!)..
There were series of questions, i was a silent spectator, thinking (kelvi kekardu easy, badila sollu thambi!! read it in Gilli style)..He was asked to complete his evals in stringent deadline of 3 weeks time..And a certification is must, else will not be let into project (Gosh! when did this rule come in)..
Then topic diverted to commitment, ownership, creativity, and finaly moved to philosophy..I was crying, aiyo oh no...the fresher was adviced with bhagavat gita chanting" do your duty, dont expect anything in return"..I was praying, plz dont enter in it further, luckily the philosophy stopped..After some discussion for half an hour, the meet ended with all the best..I sighed "oh god, finally its done..thankoos"..
When the guy moved out, only thought that was lingering in my mind was "matinanda kaipulla..evlo adichalum thangaran, evan rumba nalavannnnnnnnnn"

1 comment:

Premkumar said...

hilarious .. nice one

Looking back i was in that fresher position 5 year. Adapavingala enna scene pottanga .. As if world will come to stand still if i dont do the work as per expectation .

Lets Fast forward one year after that,

Lead/Manager : Can you finish this work in 2 days? ( actually it will take only half day to finish)

Engg : No yar .. you know it involves some quality work i guess it will take some 1 weeks time of time on optimistic estimation .

( Opps my show at Satyam starts at 2:30 PM , i have to leave atleast by 1:45. I have only 45 minutes more . Let me finish of all newspapers before that )

Hopefully that fellow also follows the same trend :)