Saturday, August 13, 2011

My first outing with Extreme

Its been almost a year since I updated my blog..Yesterday had a very good time in my team outing. This kindled me to dust the blogger site and update my postings..Our test team planned to head out to GRT temple bay resort in ECR. I have been there once with my previous company. The initial mindset was that, it would be just like any other outing. But it wasnt the case. The entire day was fun filled.

Reached office by around 10AM. The cabs started by around 11AM and we reached the place by 12.30. We were received with a welcome drink. Teams were split to start off with some team events. My team was named avengers. We were 5 members in it.. The first game was "discover the hidden image",in which a big poster was cut into pieces and we need to assemble it and bring it back to shape..We had a tough luck there, almost all pieces of the poster looked alike. Of the 5 teams we stood 4th :).
Geared up for the next game by telling, "arasiyala idelam sagajam appa"..
The next event was thread building using straw, wherein we need to join the straws and make it as lengthy as possible. When the event co-ordinators checked for the straw length, the one which we built crumbled off. That reminded me of vadivelu punch- top strong uuu, ana basement weak...

After this event, we dispersed off for lunch. Though there werent many varities, food was delicious and filling. As always I had desserts as my main course.
The next event was write-right. Its difficult to explain in writing..Let me give a try. There will be a pen attached to a stick. The stick has multiple threads attached to it. Each team member has to hold the end of the thread and pull the stick in appropirate directions and write the word "EXOS" in a poster. All EXOS were dangling, ours was even more pathetic. O looked like r :), but to our surprise, we won that event as all other teams were disqualified..
The other game was Dart Board. Need to hit the magnet on the bull's eye. I was hitting all other places other than the board. There were few other games as well. Not making the readers yawn, by listing out everything here.
Later played sometime in the see-saw and swings just like kids, and headed to sea shore.
With a good coffee and snacks, bid a bye-bye to everyone out there and headed to cabs. Many were eagerly waiting for us to leave, obviously for their own reasons :))
Thanks to all the organisers. Had a good time..Looking out for the next one.

No comments: