Wednesday, August 31, 2011

sorgame endralum, adhu nam oora pola varuma

Some months back my friend referred me for a opening in a concern. I had to take up the interview in bangalore. Booked a flight which is supposed to depart by 7.50AM. As my stars always stand against me, my flight got canceled. Had to call the customer care and advanced my ticket to 5.40AM flight.
The previous day booked a cab, and the cab reached my home by 4.15AM. Got up at 3.30AM. I was literally cursing my friend for the referral, as sacrificing my sleep was too much of concern for me. All were sleeping at my home, my dad got up and prepared a good coffee for me. Silently peeked to the room, kissed my little nephew-dojo and started to the airport. The cab driver was driving at 110Km/hr. I was repeatedly telling "anna slow a ponga..time iruku".He turned deaf ears to it. For the first time in my life, I was traveling alone in a cab at the early hours. All thoughts were in my mind- what if he kidnaps me, etc etc..Maybe the driver himself knew I would be a real hell.
Boarded the flight. Was trying to catch my sleep, but hardly could get it. Reached bang by around 7. Had a burger at coffee day. Took another cab there. Reached the place by around 8.30. My friend brought my favourite omlette from his home. After a little chat, the interview started by around 10AM.
A meeting room was blocked for the whole day. As one person leaves, another one would be ready to enter the room. Pre-lunch there were 3 rounds. I was damn hungry by then. When I was having my lunch, there was a call in my mobile from the 4th panelist. He was already waiting for me. Hurried there, for futher encounter. At one point I was literally in the state of, gosh leave me..I want to go...After 5 rounds, there was a manager round. My evening flight was at 7PM. By around 5.45 I started off from the place. It started to rain very heavily. Luckily the driver took me on time. Even before going and collecting the boarding pass, headed to coffee day to have my sip of coffee..took the return flight, and reached my place..

1 comment:

krisram said...

As you came for a tightly scheduled interview, you missed the chance of looking at the real Heaven, this beautiful Bangalore city has in offer for you. You should try it some other time ;)