Sunday, June 21, 2009

My childhood games which i always miss

On gazing from my verandah, i always see that kids from my flats either play football, shuttle ....
I just wonder, where have the traditional games which i just loved had gone..
Dog and the bone, 7 stones , hide n seek, lock and key...I dont see anybody playing those these days...It looks like a lost treasure...
I do remember playing these games and i would not afford to miss my game by climbing the stairs for a glass of water. We just knock the doors of anyone in the groundfloor, those aunty and uncles are our saviours for quenching the thirst!!
Other sport which i had always loved to play is shuttle...Of 10 shots, 3 times the cock would either land up in the tree branches or in the window slabs....
we would just jump to grab the same but in vain...
Here again the passer-bys, the so called anna's and uncles come to our rescue..
I always wish, i could just have a rewind button and return to my childhood...

1 comment: